People First Merseyside are offering FREE ‘Road Ahead’ Training Courses in Sefton, for People with a Learning Disability aged 18-30.
The first Course this year is Friday 15th April 2016, with a venue in Sefton to be confirmed.
Each course has 8 sessions and all the training is delivered by other young people with a learning disability. Places are limited to 12 people for each course and it will be on a first come first serve basis.
Please phone 0151 707 6751 to book a place or to find out any further information about the training courses.
Some of the things young people with disabilities said about last years courses:
- “I stood up in front of everyone and talked.”
- “It was great fun I loved the giant Jenga game.”
- “I’ve made lots of new friends.”
- “I am going to be a trainer on the next course.”
The trainers said:
- “I feel really proud of myself I’ve done a really good job.”
- “I want to do it again it has been amazing.”
- “I love telling people about my life and where I live.”
The aims of the course are to:
- Improve people’s confidence and self esteem.
- To help people be more involved in the community and being less isolated.
- To help people have happier and healthier lives.