Tuesday, 25 April 2017
Crosby Lakeside Adventure Centre (CLAC), Waterloo L22 1RR
Who should attend?
Sports Leaders, Gym Managers & Staff, Sport Providers & Club Representatives/Activity Leaders and Volunteers. Please bring along your colleagues, all welcome.
Recent media attention has been focused on historic abuse linked to Football Clubs and Coaches; however, this is not just a Football issue.
- Are you confident that you have systems and practices in place to ensure that children are safe from abuse?
- Are all adults providing activities in your settings Safe to work with children?
- Would you know what to do if you had a concern?
SEFTON LOCAL SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN BOARD (LSCB) is giving you the opportunity to meet with Safeguarding Leads on this FREE training event; they will discuss how you can:
- Ensure all our sports settings and activity providers clearly understand the Safeguarding issues that can arise.
- Understand what Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) is and what you should do if you become aware a child is at risk.
- Ensure you are made aware of your safeguarding responsibilities in relation to ‘freelance instructors’ /’sub-contractors’ who are operating in your settings and under the name of your provision
Topics for discussion will include:
- Safeguarding Children concerns in our Community Sports Activities
- Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) – Key messages
- Safer Recruitment – how can you ensure professionals/instructors/trainers working in your settings really are safe?
- Managing Allegations against professionals working with children
Presentations will be delivered by:
- Service Manager (Safeguarding Children) (Sefton MBC)
- Designated Officer for the Local Authority (Sefton MBC)
- Pan Merseyside Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) Coordinator (Catch 22)
- Sefton Council for Voluntary Services (CVS)
If you are interested in attending, please email email@example.com stating names of attendees, your organisation and contact details (ie. telephone and email address).
or alternatively contact Sefton LSCB Tel 0151 934 4706.