Edsential, working in partnership with The Alliance for Learning, are offering Professional Development Training in ‘Youth Mental Health First Aid 2 day Nationally Accredited course’ for primary and secondary leaders, teachers and support staff.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is exactly what you might think – a first aid approach to mental health.
MHFA training is an intensive course, delivered by a trained instructor (trained by Mental Health First Aid England) over 2 days, aimed at those without specialist mental health training.
In line with the governments Future in Mind policy 2015, all education providers are being encouraged to improve their ‘whole school’ approach to mental health through workforce development and targeted interventions with children and young people and we are delivering training in a number of related areas in order to support schools in this.
The core aims of the programme are to enable participants to:
- Gain a wider understanding, for themselves and others, of some issues surrounding mental health
- Gain a greater understanding of how and why positive and negative mental health affects school
- Work more effectively with children and young people experiencing mental health problems
- Identify the discrimination surrounding mental health problems
- Help support children and young people with mental health problems, and look after their own mental health
- Begin developing an action plan for promoting positive mental health in a school setting
Date: 10th and 11th July 2017
Time: 9.00am – 4.30pm
Venue: Holiday Inn, Ellesmere Port, CH65 2AL
Cost: £300 per person for 2 days training. Lunch and refreshments will be provided
To book please visit: edsential.com/products/youth-mental-health-first-aid-mental-health-england-accredited/