Parenting 2000 are seeking to recruit a Progression Keyworker to provide, intensive support for people/parents/carers who have been identified as unemployed due to low confidence and/or experiencing mental health issues that have been identified through Sefton MBC and other Parenting 2000 Services.
Hours: 24 hours per week,
Salary: Pro rata (FTE £22,443) (Actual Salary = £15,389)
- In collaboration with partner agencies and families, carry out a comprehensive, holistic multi-agency assessment and produce a support plan that is tailored to meet identified needs and agreed goals, and takes into account the full range of voluntary and statutory penalties.
- Work closely with partner agencies including Sefton@work to ensure appropriate and timely referrals.
- Work proactively, assertively and persistently with people that are difficult to engage with, using a variety of methods, in order to gain their trust and support them to address their issues going the extra mile to achieve this.
- Provide practical support to include group work; to develop confidence in employability establish routines and any other specific needs that support people in progression to work or related training.
- Undertake regular home visits and work intensively with the ‘unemployed’, helping them to challenge generations of learned behaviour and develop their life skills, in order to build their confidence, encourage them to re-engage with statutory services, and help them to realise their full potential.
- Prepare reports for multi agency meetings, and ensure that an accurate, comprehensive records are kept of all interviews, telephone calls and follow-up action taken (and that files are maintained to a high standard) in order to assist monitoring, decision-making and case management.
- Represent the intervention in a variety of multi-agency meetings to assist decision-making, achieve consistency, ensure that the Parenting 2000 policies and views are understood, and enlist the help and support of other agencies.
- Work proactively with partner agencies and support providers to ensure that families are able to achieve the agreed actions in their action plan to ensure the wellbeing of the whole family.
- Work in a safe manner and contribute positively to the creation of a safe and healthy working environment, strictly in accordance with Parenting 2000 policies and procedures, to ensure compliance with health and safety requirements and legislation.
- This job description is a representative document other reasonably similar duties may be allocated from time to time commensurate with the general character of the post and it’s grading.
Job Description & Person Specification
Equality & Diversity Statement
Equal Opportunities Form
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th May 2018.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 5th June 2018
Completed forms must be returned by email or post to:
Christina McGarrigle, Parenting 2000, Crosby Youth & Community Centre, 58 Coronation Road, Crosby, L23 5RQ
or by email to: email@example.com