Following the message from VINCI announcing an extraordinary €10m of funds made available to help charities in the fight against COVID-19. We are extremely pleased to announce that €400k of these funds have been allocated to the VINCI UK Foundation.
We are therefore actively looking to make this fund work quickly to support charities assisting in the fight against COVID-19.
Here are some guidelines which will need to be adhered to:
- The money can only be provided to “not for profit” organisation
- The money is not intended to be donated to the NHS as its impact will not be significant enough
- The aim is to assist charitable organisation that provide assistance in one of three main target areas:
1. Assisting doctors/nurses/hospital staff (but not buying PPE), such as fitting out break out areas in emergency hospitals – furniture/coffee machines etc., providing assistance with transport for staff, accommodation, food and other logistical assistance.
2. Assisting schools and students to maintain contact and continue education – examples could be providing computing equipment, remote learning material etc.
3. Wider healthcare/social care in the community – providing shelter to homeless, food to those who cannot afford it, house care cleaning products, assistance to carers in the community etc.
There are some differences from the normal Foundation rules;
- Firstly, any charities that have already received grants are encouraged to come forward again if they are active in the fight against COVID-19.
- There is no need for a member of staff to be a sponsor but to be encouraged if possible
- There is no limit in terms of funding, it just needs to be realistic in terms of their actions.
We are now asking your help to identify local charities who could benefit from the help of the VINCI UK Foundation. We will be taking applications from now until further notice and those successful will receive funding within a few weeks of submission.
Head Coordinator for the VINCI UK Foundation’
To apply, follow this link and complete the VINCI UK Foundation Request for Support – Covid-19.