The VS6 Children and Young People’s VCFSE Assembly was held via Zoom on 27th May 2020, and the key findings and recommendations have now been published into a report (download here). Gill Bainbridge, MYA, chaired the event and 44 participants from 39 organisations attended.
Key speakers were:
• Matt Mason from the Combined Authority presented data on the Impact of Covid on the LCR
• Gill Bainbridge outlined thoughts around how to safely return to direct work with children and young people (workshop 1)
• Monique Collier considered the impact of the pandemic on the needs of children and young people (workshop 2)
• Stuart McGrory asked people to think about the needs of their organisations and how we “build back better” (workshop 3)
• Phil Prescott launched the LCR Metro Mayor Youth Advisory Group
During three workshops, participants discussed the key themes in terms of their own organisation’s experience, concerns and ideas. These were collated by the facilitators and form the basis of this report.
The ideas, concerns and requests have been drawn together by VS6 into a set of recommendations for building back C&YP VCFSE activity.