New Directions is delighted to announce we are looking to recruit two new Board Members to support our adult social care business.
Our work is centred around four key values, which were co-produced and defined by individuals using our services. We are proud of our values which run through the veins of the organisation, determining how we make decisions, run the company, and implement change.
Our Core Values are:
- Big hearted – we are proud of the quality of care, empathy, and kindness we offer to the people we support and each other
- Count on us – you can rely on us to meet the needs of those we support and each other
- Together as one – we take pride in working as a team to deliver a person-centred service
- People focused – we recognise the importance of transparency, trust recognition and development within our workforce.
New Directions provides a wide range of support for older adults such as residential, day support including specialised service in dementia, respite, reablement and domiciliary care. We also offer creative and inspiring day services for adults with learning and physical disabilities, respite care, supported living and shared Lives.
At New Directions, we recognise everyone is unique. We provide person centred care, offering adults individual options of support to live a positive, rewarding, and independent life.
It is an incredibly exciting time to join the Board of New Directions. The Board is embarking on a fresh strategic period and looking to strengthen its leadership by opening opportunities to other creative, energetic, and committed Non-Executive Directors to work together to deliver the company’s aspirations and objectives.
We are looking for exceptional leaders with demonstrable experience of working at Board or near Board level.
Ultimately, as a board member, you will have the opportunity to improve the lives and outcomes of thousands of adults with support needs and their carers across Sefton and beyond.
We are a local authority trading company, owned by Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council, working across Sefton and Merseyside. Our wide-ranging services enable us to care for over 720 local people each day, employing over 450 people.
As a talented professional with a desire to make a difference to the lives of adults in Sefton, we are looking for you to share your experience and expertise to drive through the organisation’s ambition to become a provider and employer of choice.
Primarily we are interested in Directors who will contribute to the strategic direction of the company. Additionally, if you have skills and experience in any of the areas below we welcome your expression of interest:-
- Business development, business transformation and change
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Marketing and communications
Benefits and remuneration:
- We offer an annual remuneration of £8,000 per annum
- Role and governance training plus personal development opportunities
If you have passion to improve people’s lives and are able to devote at least two days a month setting the strategic direction we would be delighted to hear from you.
For an informal phone discussion please contact the Shareholder representative, email@example.com or phone 07725 518308
Applications should be put in writing with accompanying CV and emailed to Mark Fox, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Closing date: Friday 25 September
- Interviews: Week commencing 12 October