What is our aim?
Sefton CVS, working in partnership with Sefton Council, are supported by the Barrow Cadbury Connect Fund to explore the potential for social investment to finance solutions that address the challenges facing Sefton’s communities.
How will we do this?
- Identify potential social investment opportunities that seek to increase community resilience through prevention and early intervention activities.
- Engage with social investors to match their interests with Sefton community investment opportunities.
- Work with voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise (VCFSE) organisations with growth potential.
- Work with the VCFSE, commissioners and social investors to build mutual understanding;
- Create a Sefton social investment learning community to share ideas and knowledge.
Sefton CVS are delighted to welcome Sporting Capital to Sefton for a one-off Social Investment Workshop on Wednesday 27th March 2019 (6-8pm, 5.30pm arrival) at Crosby Lakeside Adventure Centre (CLAC), Waterloo. Click here for more information or to book your place!
About the Connect Fund
The Connect Fund has been set up to strengthen the social investment market in England to better meet the needs of charities and social enterprises. The fund provides grants to develop shared resources for a market that supports mission.
The Connect Fund, previously known as the ‘Social Investment Infrastructure Fund’ is a £3 million fund for grants and investments that The Barrow Cadbury Trust manages in partnership with Access – the Foundation for Social Investment.
The Access Foundation chose the Barrow Cadbury Trust to deliver the Connect Fund because of its experience in social investment, expertise in voluntary sector infrastructure, and its approach, which is to work in partnership with those its funds towards a common goal.
Social investment is one tool for charities and social enterprises to consider as they explore ways to generate income through assets or trading.
If you would like more general information about social investment please see the Good Finance website.