The overarching aim of the network is to support and develop a strategic approach to the delivery of services for children, young people and families across all sectors in Sefton. The ECM Network:
- Recognises that partnerships influenced by the Voluntary, Community and Faith Sector (VCFS) support the achievement of key health and wellbeing outcomes for children, young people and families;
- Supports and facilitates the involvement and participation of voluntary, community and faith (VCF) organisations in the development and delivery of services, multi-agency approaches and inter-agency working;
- Encourages the development of a coordinated, strategic approach to local services, embedding best practice that enables quality outcomes for children, young people and families.
What is the ECM Network:
The ECM forum, which meets quarterly. Each forum has a different overarching theme and includes presentations, workshops, information sharing and networking opportunities. The ECM forum plays a key role in children and young people’s service planning, bringing together agencies with an interest in delivering services for children and young people aged 0-19 years (up to 25 if specific to additional needs) and their families.
Information sharing is facilitated through regular monthly updates through e-bulletins and the regularly updated webpage
ECM members- and in particular, our ECM Ambassadors sit on various boards and groups.
The work of the ECM Forum is underpinned by priorities relating to the Sefton Integrated Health & Wellbeing Strategy, Sefton’s Children’s Plan and the needs represented by the service users fed in by our member organisations.
Wednesday 22nd January 2020, 9am – 12:30pm
SING Plus Resource Centre
53a Cambridge Road, Seaforth, Merseyside, L21 1EX (see map)
Theme: Focusing on Early Help
Click the links below for more information on the Sub-groups;
ECM Network Ambassadors Role
To support the ECM network and the themes across the children, young people and families’ workforce, we would like to increase the number of ambassadors who will champion the work of the VCF sector.
Click Here to download the ECM Forum Ambassadors Role Description
While not exhaustive, here are some of the themes we would love to be championed:
- CYP Mental Health
- Children with additional needs
- Family support
- Physical health
- Community development
- Youth provision and participation
- Targeted youth work – youth offending, substance misuse, sexual health, risk-taking behaviours
- Welfare reform and anti-poverty
- Early years
If you’d like to find out more or just chat about it, please get in touch with Sharon Cotterall at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0151 920 0726
Useful links, information and resources
- Sefton Local Safeguarding Children Board: http://seftonlscb.co.uk/
- Sefton Young Advisors: http://sefton.youngadvisors.org.uk/
Children England: www.childrenengland.org.uk
Department for Education: www.education.gov.uk
- National Council for Voluntary Youth Agencies: http://www.ncvys.org.uk/
- North West Regional Youth Work Unit: http://www.nwrywu.org.uk/
- Council for Disabled Children: http://www.councilfordisabledchildren.org.uk/
- Supporting Children of Prisoners: www.i-hop.org.uk
- National Council for Voluntary Youth Service (NCVYS) Policies Fact Sheet: click here
- Sefton Local Offer – https://www.seftondirectory.com/localoffer
- Sefton CVS VCF Direct – https://www.vcfdirect.org.uk/seftoncvs/
- Sefton Councils Learning Centre – seftonclc.melearning.university/course_centre