Healthwatch Sefton: Independent Complaints Advocate Officer – Closing Sunday 14 August 2022
Job Title: Healthwatch Sefton Independent Complaints Advocate
Salary: £21,404.50 pro rata (£11,313.80 actual salary)
Contract: Fixed term up until 31st December 2022 – plus extension pending procurement
Location: Burlington House, Waterloo/ Home working.
Hours: 18.5 hour per week, can be used flexibly as agreed with Line Manager
Accountable to: Healthwatch Sefton Manager
To provide independent advocacy support to people who live in Sefton who want to make a complaint about their NHS care or treatment.
To promote self-advocacy and empowerment to enable clients to understand the choices open to them at every stage of the complaints process, make informed decisions and get their views heard. This will be through one to one advocacy and other forms of advocacy as required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Provision of advocacy support:
- Support people living in Sefton who wish to make a complaint about their NHS funded healthcare to understand their rights and choices
- Provide both remote and direct advocacy support as needed at each stage of the NHS
- Meet with clients in the Healthwatch office, their homes, hospitals, surgeries or meeting rooms, to listen and talk through options available within the NHS complaints structure and taking action on behalf of clients, following their instructions, ensuring they are consistent with the NHS Complaints process
- Communicate with clients regularly by telephone, letter and email
- Communicate with individuals and agencies to represent the clients’ views, while keeping the client informed of the progress of their case
- Accompany clients to meetings where necessary ensuring their views are expressed and their voices are heard
- Ensure that the diverse needs of all clients and potential clients are met.
Maintain records and data for the service
- Effectively manage a caseload, including accepting and recording client referrals, advocacy planning, risk assessing, adhering to timeframes and data recording
- Maintain individual client folders and electronic systems.
- Ensure strict confidentiality is maintained at all times using appropriate systems and client records are kept in accordance with GDPR and other statutory regulatory requirements.
Job Pack (Downloads)
The closing date for completed applications is 11:59pm, Sunday 14 August 2022.
Interviews scheduled date TBC.
All completed applications and any enquiries to be sent to email@example.com