Organisations in the voluntary, community and faith sector, whether large or small, young or old, thriving or only just surviving, all have certain things in common:
- Governance – they have a group of people who look after the direction, development and legal responsibilities of the organisation
- Resources – they have things that enable them to get the work done such as funding, contacts, partnerships, equipment or premises
- Information – they know things about their local area, who needs what and how to get things done
- Projects – they do things, tasks and pieces of activity that when put together make up the overall work of the organisation
- People – they connect with people, trustees, volunteers, staff, individuals, families, neighbours or friends, everyone in the community matters as no organisation can get anything done without people.
It can be hard to find the time to stand back and take stock of where an organisation is at and think about the things that could help it do better in the future. Such thinking is vital if organisations are to do as well as they could.
Sefton CVS would like to lend a hand! Please take 10 minutes to complete a short GRIPP self-assessment of your group or organisation. Whether you’re a brand new group just starting up, or an organisation looking to grow, the GRIPP tool can help to highlight possible areas for growth and development.
Once completed, you will be provided with a GRIPP feedback report for you to save, share or print. The Sefton CVS Community Development team will also receive a copy of your report for our records. This allows our staff to understand a bit more about your group or organisation and tells us where we will be able to help you. This is particularly useful if you are looking to meet our Sefton CVS Community Development team or access any CVS services!