The Government has recently published the Implementation Plan for the Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia 2020. Its commitments include personalised care plans, raising awareness and integrated health and social care provision. However, with budgets stretched and growing demand for support, how can your service integrate, innovative and improve to meet the challenges ahead?
Attend this Westminster Briefing event to learn about what the future holds for dementia care in the coming months and years. Engaging with our expert panel and your peers, you will explore the practical steps you can take to rise to the 2020 Challenge and provide personalised, quality support for people living with dementia and carers.
Key Issues to be Addressed Include:
- What does the Implementation Plan mean for the future of dementia care?
- Engaging with people living with dementia to improve your service
- Providing personalised care plans for every person living with dementia
- Driving integration between health, social care and third sector
- Providing training and improving awareness across your workforce
- Overcoming variations of diagnostic rates and support across areas
- Building on the progress & momentum of Dementia Friendly Communities
- Delivering better support for carers and families
In the morning session you will explore the Government’s plans for supporting those living with dementia and the next steps for prevention, assessment and post-diagnostic care.
In the afternoon session you will learn from good practice case studies of supporting and engaging with people with dementia and their carers in personalised, community-based ways. The session will be highly interactive and provide practical guidance on how you can develop your local service
Morning refreshments will be served upon arrival with a networking lunch to follow. Any special needs or dietary requirements should be notified to us upon booking.
Who should attend?
Delegates will be drawn from anyone with an interest in dementia, including but not limited to: local authorities, CCGs, health & social care commissioners, care home managers, primary care staff, carers, charities, workforce development & training teams and elected members.
For registration enquiries please contact:
email@example.com | 0207 593 5657
To discuss event sponsorship, speaking opportunities and agenda content, please email: