At Sefton CVS we love to support to local charities to help them to achieve their aims.
In you are a charity based in Sefton then our Group Development team can work with you to help you to identify your needs. Some of the services that the Group Development team offer include:
- Governance and leadership support
- Training and skills development
- Financial planning and management
- Policy and procedure development
- Organisational health checks
- Funding advice
We are always keen to work with a wide range of organisations, so if you are a Sefton based charity, we would love to hear from you. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Key activities of the Group Development Team during 2016/17 included:
- Handling 1,165 intensive cases of capacity building and customised support with 280 VCF sector organisations, 64 per cent of them groups with an annual income under £100k.
- Supporting 31 potential new groups, with 14 going forward as new charity and enterprise start-ups.
- Hosting three sessions with the Charity Commission to give charity trustees the opportunity to provide feedback on the development of their services, in particular a new online portal.
- Developing a new suite of policy and procedures templates available free on the CVS website.
- Providing bespoke board development training on key issues such as developing a constitution, strategy, governance and partnership development to organisations including the Dockland Trail, Kindfulness Coffee Club, Formby Pool Trust, Southport Classic Parks Network, Formby Befriending Scheme, Age Concern Crosby, the Fillies Girls Football Club and Maghull in Bloom.
- Providing intensive support to the newly developed charity Veterans in Sefton.