Please note: the Sefton CVS offices in Waterloo & Southport will be closed from 12noon on Wednesday 23rd December 2020 and will open on Monday 4th January 2021
Here you will find details of local Voluntary, Community and Faith (VCF) sector services operating over the Christmas and New Year period, as well as details of Sefton Council services and local NHS services including GPs, Pharmacies, Walk-Ins and Dentists.
– Information, Support & Advice (Helplines)
– Sefton MBC Services
– GPs & Out-of-hours health care services
– Christmas Meals and Social Activities
– Homeless Shelters & Support Services
To include details on this page, please email email@example.com or call 0151 920 0726 before 12noon on Wednesday 23rd December 2020
Click here to visit the Here For You Directory – Sefton’s Voluntary, Community & Faith sector directory.
Useful Phone Numbers:
Police (Non-Emergency) – 101
NHS (Non-Emergency) – 111
Sefton Council Main Number (Switchboard) – 0345 140 0845
Children’s Social Care – 0151 909 1206
Adult Social Care – 0151 909 1523
Social Care Emergency Duty Team 0151 934 3555
Sefton Security – 0151 934 4746
NHS South Sefton CCG: 0151 317 8456
NHS Southport and Formby CCG: 01704 395 785
Sefton Carers Centre (helpline) – 0151 288 6060
Sefton Council Services
During Christmas and New Year, Sefton Council will provide restricted services. Most council buildings will be closed on December 24, 29, 30 and 31, but residents can still access a range of information and transactions via the council website – sefton.gov.uk.
Services that will continue to operate include critical social care services for adults and children.
Emergency contacts on December 24th, 29th, 30th, and 31st between 9:00am and 5:30pm:
Children’s Social Care 0151 909 1206
Adult Social Care 0151 909 1523
Emergency Duty Team 0151 934 3555
If you require emergency COVID-19 support, please call 0345 140 0845 between 10am to 3pm on 24th 29th 30th 31st December 2020, and 2nd and 3rd January 2021.
Information regarding COVID test sites is available 24 hours a day at www.sefton.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a crisis or severe financial hardship and need emergency support with food, gas or electricity you may be eligible for help. You must live in Sefton, be aged 16 or over and you will be required to provide a contact telephone number so that support can be arranged. If you are eligible please call 0151 934 3663, between 10am until 12 noon on, 29th and 30th December. This is for emergencies only.
Support can also be accessed from the Family Wellbeing Centres in Sefton. There will be 3 operating across North, Central and South Sefton.
|North Locality||Talbot Street Family Well Being Centre
St Andrew Place PR8 1HR
|Central Locality||Netherton Family Well Being Centre
Magdalen Square, Bootle L30 5QH
|0151 282 1405|
|South Locality||Marie Clark Family Well Being Centre
Linacre Lane Bootle L20 5A
|0151 330 5260|
GP, Pharmacy and Out of Hours Healthcare
Below is information on opening times for local pharmacies and walk-in centres across Sefton over the Christmas and New Year holidays this December 2020 and January 2021.
Local information for South Sefton – www.southseftonccg.nhs.uk/your-health-and-services/festive-holiday-opening-times-for-pharmacies-and-walk-ins-2020-2021/
Local information for North Sefton (Southport & Formby CCG) – www.southportandformbyccg.nhs.uk/your-health-and-services/festive-holiday-opening-times-for-pharmacies-and-walk-ins-2020-2021/
Click here to search for information on other NHS services across Sefton.
South Sefton Foodbank
St Leonards Youth & Community Centre
60 Peel Road, Bootle, Merseyside, L20 4RW
0151 933 1300 / firstname.lastname@example.org / website
Click here for South Sefton Foodbank Opening Times over Christmas 2020
Homeless Shelters & Support Services
Southport Christmas Shelter at Alchemy Centre, Mornington Road
If you are aware of someone who is sleeping on the streets, please refer them to the Southport Christmas Shelter at Alchemy, 3 Mornington Road, Southport, PR9 0TB.
The shelter opens from 12noon on Thursday 24th December until Saturday 26th December 2020.
People will be offered:
– Hot and/or Cold meals to take away
– Support to find suitable accommodation
– Referral to a Sefton Foodbank
– Signposting to agencies appropriate to individual need
Mental Health Support
Many people will be feeling lonely, vulnerable and anxious this Christmas. Stay Connected to people around you and ask for help when needed. If you know of a friend, neighbour or family member that is going to be alone this Christmas, then check if they are ok and offer to help.
- If you are feeling lonely and need someone to talk to, you can contact the NHS Volunteer Responders, even on Christmas Day, to reach out for someone to talk to. Contact 0808 196 3646 – lines open 8am to 8pm every day throughout Christmas and New Year
- The Samaritans offer a friendly listening ear on the end of a phone 24/7. The service for the Liverpool City Region has been modernised and offers support and helps people with problems including isolation, loneliness, anxiety, depression, concerns of life situations or just the need to talk to someone. The phone line is open 24/7 on Freephone 116 123
- You can find more information on services that are available in the Kind to Your Mind section on www.liveyourlifewell.info
- Mersey Care NHS Mental Health Support provides support for adults in a crisis. For urgent help 24/7 call 0151 296 7200 or Freephone 0800 145 6570
- Alder Hey NHS Crisis Care Line provides support for children, young people, parents/carers 24 hours a day, seven days a week on 0151 293 3577 (or freephone 0808 196 3550) or email email@example.com
Information, Advice & Signposting