Please note: the Sefton CVS main office in Waterloo will be closed from 2.30pm on Thursday 22nd December 2016 and will open on Tuesday 3rd January 2017.
Please see below for details of local Voluntary, Community and Faith (VCF) sector services operating over the Christmas and New Year period, as well as details of local Sefton Council services and local NHS services including GPs, Pharmacies, Walk-Ins and Dentists.
– Sefton MBC Services
– GPs & Out-of-hours health care services
– Homeless Shelters & Support Services
– Christmas Meals and Social Activities
– Information, Support & Advice (Helplines)
To include details on this page, please email email@example.com or call 0151 920 0726 before Thursday 22nd December 2016.
Click here to visit VCF Direct – where you can search for local volunatry, community and faith sector groups, services and activities.
Useful Phone Numbers:
Police (Non-Emergency) – 101
NHS (Non-Emergency) – 111
Sefton Council – 0345 140 0845
Sefton Security – 0151 934 4746
South Sefton CCG – 0151 247 7000
Southport & Formby CCG – 01704 387028
Sefton Carers Centre (helpline) – 0151 288 6060
Sefton Womens & Childrens Aid (SWACA) – 0151 922 8606
Sefton MBC Services
Sefton Council will provide restricted services throughout the Christmas and New Year holidays. Significant savings are being generated as most staff are required to take unpaid leave on December 23, 28, 29 and 30. This will contribute towards the £64m savings required to achieve a balanced budget by 2020. Many services will not operate and most Council buildings will be closed.
Residents can still access a range of information and transactions via the council website – sefton.gov.uk. This includes checking bin collection dates, paying Council Tax
and business rates, app
Emergency contacts on December 23, 28, 29 and 30 during office hours:
Children’s Social Care 0151 934 6025
Adult Social Care 01704 704240 (North)
Adult Social Care 0151 529 3761 (South)
For Social Care emergencies at all other times call the Emergency Duty Team 0151 920 8234
An automated phone service will be available between December 23 and January 3 on 0345 140 0845. Full Sefton Council services will resume Tuesday January 3, 2017
GPs & Out-of-hours health care services
- Your GP is available from 8am to 6.30pm weekdays with same day appointments available if necessary.
- Commissioners are funding more appointments over the winter months when practices are at their busiest.
- Ear, nose, throat, chest infections and vomiting & diarrhoea are common over winter.
- Your GP is there to help if these illnesses are persisting and you are getting concerned.
- When the surgery is closed, you can still see a local GP with the GP out-of-hours service, just contact your practice number and your call will be re-directed.
- Friendly, confidential, expert advice and treatment of everyday health issues
- Local, in your community
- Open early till late, no appointment needed
- Stock up on medicines for coughs and colds at home to see you through the winter months
- Local pharmacies and http://www.nhs.uk offer expert advice on health issues
- Make sure you’re up to date with your repeat prescriptions from your GP before weekends and bank holidays
You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency.
NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobiles.
South Sefton Foodbank
St Leonards Youth & Community Centre
60 Peel Road, Bootle, Merseyside, L20 4RW
0151 933 1300 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Lakeside Christian Centre
North Promenade, Southport, PR9 0LA
01704 544419 / email@example.com
Homeless Shelters & Support Services
Southport Christmas Shelter at Alchemy
If you are aware of someone who is sleeping on the streets and is in need of somewhere warm and dry to spend the night during Christmas period, please refer the to Southport Christmas Shelter at Alchemy on Mornington Road in Southport. People will be offered:
– Somewhere safe to spend the night
– Housing/Bond Assessment
– Support to find suitable accommodation
– Referral to Sefton Foodbank
– Signposting to agencies appropriate to individual need
The shelter opens on Wednesday 23rd December, 9am – 2pm until Sunday 27th December.
Food is available, as well as toiletries, clothing and support for vulnerable adults. A hot meal is provided each day and overnight provisions for those that need them. The shelter is open to anyone who has a need to be there. For more information, please ring 01704 501256.
The Whitechapel Centre, Liverpool
We will be working hard this Christmas to offer the same support and advice during the festive season as we do throughout the year. On Christmas Day we serve breakfast for rough sleepers and Christmas Lunch for our service users who wish to join us.
0151 207 7617
Click here to make an online referral
Christmas Meals and Social Activities
Write Blend, Waterloo
Looking for somewhere to go and some congenial company on Christmas Day? Write Blend will be open between 12 and 3pm, serving free festive fayre. Drop in and enjoy the afternoon. We will also gratefully accept any contributions of any size and if you’d like to lend us a hand, even for half an hour or so we would very glad to have you. Pleaase contact us any time to see how you can help. More more information, please call 0151 928 1303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Write Blend, 124 South Rd, Waterloo, Liverpool, L22 0LJ
Salvation Army, Bootle
The salvation Army in Bootle is open on Christmas Day and providing lunch to local residents. BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL. Please call 0151 933 0670 for more information.
Salvation Army Bootle, 381 Stanley Road, Bootle, L20 3EF
White Christmas Liverpool at the Titanic Hotel, Liverpool
White Christmas returns this year, offering a free Christmas dinner and entertainment on Christmas Day at the beautiful Titanic Hotel, Stanley Dock, Liverpool. Spaces still available. Inbox, email email@example.com or call 07851 899 586.
Yummys Scouse Christmas
Yummy’s Scouse Christmas is a Liverpool-wide initiative to tackle loneliness and isolation at Christmas. Click here for more information
Information, Support & Advice
Mind Mental Health – Support and Advice
Christmas can be a really challenging time of year for many of us and living with a mental health problem can make coping even more difficult.
- Elefriends is a really supportive online community where you can be yourself, share and be heard. There is someone on hand to speak to you every night till midnight.
- Samaritans are available to talk 24/7 about whatever is on your mind.
- Mind Infoline has information on treatments and where to get help. It is open at different times for the holidays.
- Mind’s A-Z of mental health information covers over 100 topics, including coping tips for a range of diagnoses, and ways that family and friends can support.
If you feel unsafe, remember the emergency services are there to support you. See Mind’s crisis care page for more information and other ways to get support in a crisis.
When you’re ready, we’re here to listen. You don’t have to give your real name or any personal information if you don’t want to. The quickest way to contact us and get a response is by phone on 116 123, this number is FREE to call.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Silver Line
The Silver Line is a free, 24 hour, confidential helpline for older people.The Silver Line also offer telephone and letter friendship schemes where we match volunteers with older people based on their interests.
The Silver Line: 08004708090