Volunteer with Healthwatch Sefton
Your health and social care champion, Healthwatch Sefton, are looking for local residents who would like to volunteer their time to support them!
They are looking for volunteers to work with and encourage local residents and community groups/organisations to share their patient stories, experiences and journeys.
Healthwatch gives people the opportunity to share their experiences of using health and care services and makes sure this valuable feedback is shared and listened to by NHS leaders and other decision makers to improve standards of care. They are an independent and non-political organisation.
They are looking for volunteers who live in the following areas of Sefton:
(or have worked and have good knowledge of)
- Seaforth & Litherland
What do you want me to do?
- Spend time getting to know local community groups/organisations in your local area.
- Attend local events, for example, local coffee mornings/ group activities to talk to people. We would like you to talk to people about Healthwatch Sefton and encourage them to get involved.
- Listen to and record their patient stories, experiences and journeys of health and care services they have received.
- Promote Healthwatch Sefton by distributing leaflets and posters to local services and organisations.
- Volunteers would be asked to attend at least 2 activities per month, with volunteer travel expenses provided. Volunteering is flexible, the majority of volunteer activities will take place Monday – Friday during working hours.
Skills which will be useful for this role
- Experience of working with the public and being able to relate to people of different ages and backgrounds
- Listening and writing skills to record accurate feedback from individuals and groups
- Good verbal communication skills
What is in it for me?
- Meet new people
- Try something new and build your confidence
- Be a member of the team and part of your community
- Make a positive difference in your community
- Take on a challenge and have fun!
You will develop your skills and knowledge and receive training relevant to the role in a safe supporting environment.
For more information visit: healthwatchsefton.co.uk/get-involved/volunteer-with-us
To apply please email email@example.com or call 0800 206 1304 for more information.