Sefton CVS’s Training and Development Service works to enhance the skills and knowledge of VCF sector staff, boards and volunteers in order to build the capability and competence of organisations to sustain themselves and grow.
Sefton CVS is an approved training centre and offers courses accredited through Open Awards, the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) and ABC as it means common inspection framework standards (CIF). Non-accredited courses, coaching and peer learning can be provided in group training sessions and through masterclasses and bespoke provision.
The service focuses on:
- Capacity building to ensure organisations are legally compliant and adopt good practice.
- Ensuring a professional and up-to-date workforce within the VCF sector.
- Ensuring organisations are fit for purpose and tender/commission ready.
- Improving the social and financial value of workforce learning and development.
Upcoming Training & Masterclasses
Please see below for a list of upcoming training and development opportunities from Sefton CVS. Please use the online booking form below to book your place, but if you experience any problems or you require more information, please email email@example.com
Better Bid Writing: Practical Tips Towards Successful Funding Applications
Friday 26th July 2019
Info: Our session will consider funder objectives and programme outcomes. We’ll help you to identify potential evidence of need and beneficiaries to strengthen bids, with advice on how to develop viable proposals, presented coherently through effective communication. Our session will include guidance and recommendations to help participants understand what makes a successful application.
Time: 10am – 1pm
Venue: Southport Community Centre , Norwood Road , Southport, PR8 6HQ
Level 1 Safeguarding Children Course (Sefton LSCB Endorsed)
Thursday 19th September 2019
Info: The target audience for this course is any frontline staff or volunteers who have face to face contact with children, as well as those with line management responsibilities for these staff/volunteers. Trustees are also welcome to attend to gain policy and practice knowledge.
The course will cover:
- Identifying our safeguarding roles in different settings
- The legal/historical context related to safeguarding children
- Explore what is meant by safeguarding, early help and promoting the welfare of children
- Recognising, Responding, and Reporting Concerns of abuse or neglect
- Allegations Management, Good Practice, Whistle Blowing and the role of the Local Authorities Designated Officer
- Where to access further training
Time: 10:00am – 2.30pm
Venue: Sefton CVS, Burlington House, Waterloo, L22 0LG
FULLY BOOKED Safeguarding Adults
Tuesday 8th October
Info: The target audience for this course is any frontline staff or volunteers who have face to face contact with adults, as well as those with line management responsibilities for these staff/volunteers. Trustees are also welcome to attend to gain policy and practice knowledge.
The course outcomes include:
To demonstrate core values of dignity, respect, choice and control
To explore what is meant by safeguarding
To identify the different types of abuse
To understand your role and responsibilities in the safeguarding process
Facilitators: Simone McCaskill (Sefton CVS) and Jan Campbell (Sefton CVS)
Time: 12.30pm – 4.30pm
Venue: Sefton CVS, Burlington House, Waterloo, L22 0LG
Mental Health First Aid (COSTS APPLY)
Tuesday 29th – Wednesday 30th October
The purpose of this training is to equip participants who may come in contact with people experiencing poor mental health with the ability to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
- Participants who access this training will also benefit personally from the course as they will be able to use their increased knowledge and awareness to look after their own mental health.
The Course is delivered over two days by approved MHFA Instructors in accordance with the MHFA (England) programme as defined by the MHFA England registered Community Interest Company (registration no. 7021392). The training will have the prescribed MHFA format and content that gives practical advice and information. It is interactive and inclusive in order to allow participants the opportunity to share experiences and information with one another.
This course is limited to a maximum of 16 participants. Those who complete the course receive a MHFA Manual and Certificate of attendance.
Venue: SING Plus Resource Centre, Seaforth, Liverpool L21 1EZ
Accredited On-Line Training to the Third Sector £7.50
- Child Protection Certificate accredited Kidscape and Family Lives Level 2 programme (graded against nationally accepted levels and equivalent to GCSE grades A* – C)
- Safeguarding Adults endorsed by Remploy and the Association of Chief Police Officers Level 2 programme (as graded against the nationally accepted levels and equivalent to GCSE grades A* – C)
- Equality and Diversity Level 2 programme (graded against nationally accepted levels and equivalent to GCSE grades A* – C)
To book online training please contact us on 0151 920 0726 ext 202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org