Sefton CVS provides a wide range of support and services to Sefton’s local voluntary, community and faith sector – whether that’s local people thinking about starting up a group or charity, or more established organisations wanting to grow and develop.
Helping groups to be governed and managed well, and to be clear about their direction and goals is the cornerstone of our support and development services.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Don’t hesitate to Contact Us if you are looking for a particular kind of support for your group or organisation.
Key activities during 2018/19 included:
- Handling 1,364 intensive cases of capacity building and customised support with more than 240 groups. 63 per cent of the groups had an annual income of under £100k.
- Providing the majority of this support to groups that have a focus on children, young people and families, adult health and wellbeing, equalities (vulnerable and
minority groups), sport and recreation, arts and culture and the environment.
- Experiencing the greatest demand for support from groups delivering services
in south Sefton.
- Supporting 13 potential new groups/enterprises planning to set up in the borough.
- Securing funding from the Barrow Cadbury Trust to develop a 12-month social investment infrastructure support programme through the Connect Fund in partnership with Sefton Council.
Advice & Support
Our Group Development Team provides information on funding opportunities available to the Voluntary, Community and Faith Sector (VCF) and supports groups to become more sustainable by improving their financial security and capacity.
Sefton based organisations can access support through funding surgeries and road shows, one2one meetings, training courses, conferences and bulletins.
- Funding Search
- Pre-application advice
- Planning for successful fundraising
- Preparing funding applications
- Developing and discussing funding strategies
- Reviewing draft applications (however this does not include writing them)
- Identifying and monitoring outcomes in a straightforward way
- Exploring the best way of improving your organisation’s financial sustainability.
Additional services which may incur a negotiable fee include:-
- Write funding applications
- Business Plan Support
- Feasibility studies
- Project Development
- Consortia Development
- Evaluation and Monitoring
Sefton CVS have good working relationships with regional and national funders and can also help review applications that have been unsuccessful or help clarify any issues or problems you may be experiencing.
Group Development Team