Sefton CVS provides a wide range of support and services to Sefton’s local voluntary, community and faith sector – whether that’s local people thinking about starting up a group or charity, or more established organisations wanting to grow and develop.
Helping groups to be governed and managed well, and to be clear about their direction and goals is the cornerstone of our support and development services.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Don’t hesitate to Contact Us if you are looking for a particular kind of support for your group or organisation.
Key activities during 2016/17 included:
- Handling 1,165 intensive cases of capacity building and customised support with 280 VCF sector organisations, 64 per cent of them groups with an annual income under £100k.
- Supporting 31 potential new groups, with 14 going forward as new charity and enterprise start-ups.
- Hosting three sessions with the Charity Commission to give charity trustees the opportunity to provide feedback on the development of their services, in particular a new online portal.
- Developing a new suite of policy and procedures templates available free on the CVS website.
- Providing bespoke board development training on key issues such as developing a constitution, strategy, governance and partnership development to organisations including the Dockland Trail, Kindfulness Coffee Club, Formby Pool Trust, Southport Classic Parks Network, Formby Befriending Scheme, Age Concern Crosby, the Fillies Girls Football Club and Maghull in Bloom.
- Providing intensive support to the newly developed charity Veterans in Sefton.
- Providing advice and support to 15 groups on the Star Standard, a local quality assurance framework.