Parenting 2000 is a Sefton based Charity established in 1993, we deliver a number of services to improve the lives of families, children and young people
We have an vacancy for a youth Co-ordinator to lead our Alchemy Youth Service
Job Purpose: To provide, targeted support for Young People at risk to themselves or others. To develop services within the Crosby/Southport Youth Centres and to deploy and manage sessional staff and volunteers, to support the universal services within the area.
- To take day to day responsibility for ensuring that the Alchemy Youth service meets the needs of the commissioners, young people and local community
- Work closely with Children’s Services, Youth Providers and other partner agencies and to attend Youth Providers meetings and other relevant meetings and events.
- Work proactively with those Young People that are difficult to engage, using a variety of methods, in order to gain their trust and support them to address their issues going the extra mile to achieve this.
- Create bespoke programmes of activity for vulnerable Young People in partnership with other organisations
- To develop volunteering programmes that includes opportunities for Young People to develop their leadership skills.
Minimum Qualifications: Youth and Community Qualification, Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent – or demonstrable evidence of delivery at an equivalent level.
Experience & Skills:
- Experience of working with young people aged 11 – 19 years, including those displaying challenging behaviour.
- Experience of leading and supervising staff and volunteers in a youth club work setting.
- Knowledge of effective youth work and experience of working with service users in groups and as individuals
Working Pattern: 25 hours per week. There is an expectancy that workers will be available to work on at least 4 evenings per week as well as occasional weekend work. The pattern of the remaining hours will be between Monday to Friday as agreed with a flexible approach for which time off in lieu
Salary: £23,900 pro rata, plus Company Pension
Closing date: Monday 15th July 2019
Closing date for applications is Monday 15 July 2019
Completed forms must be returned by email or post to: Head Office, Parenting 2000, Crosby Youth & Community Centre, 58 Coronation Road, Crosby, Liverpool, L23 5RQ.